This blog is for me to talk about my journey with weight loss. I know it will help me be successful. Maybe it will help others too.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Monday 1-21-13

Monday Jan. 21, 2013:  Today was the best day I have had so far.  I went the whole day without ever feeling really hungry.  I also fast-walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes.  I feel like I have more energy the last couple days which is a nice change of pace.  Ryan went to the gym after Gabe had gone to bed and I was sitting on the couch.  Suddenly I decided to get up and get my breakfast and lunch ready for the next day.  I cooked a few slices of turkey bacon and some egg whites and packed up my food.  But I still wasn’t ready to just sit so I looked up all the point info for tomorrow’s food and entered it into my log.  Still was feeling energized so I hand washed the pans and bowls I had used getting my food ready.  In the past when Ryan has left for the gym, I make a bowl of cereal and watch reality T.V.  I am pretty proud of myself. 

Breakfast:
Blueberry yogurt- 2 Points
Whole Wheat Toast w/ Buttery Spread- 2 Points
Sliced Apple- 0 Points

Lunch:
Tuna Sandwich on Whole Wheat w/ tomato & lettuce- 7 Points
Reduced Fat Cheese Stick- 2 Points
Mandarin Oranges- 0 Points
1 Cup Baby carrots w/ Ranch Spray- 0 Points
12 oz Diet Pepsi- 0 Points

Afternoon Snack:
1 Cup Frozen Grapes- 0 Points
Special K Bar- 2 Points

Dinner:
Asian Spiced Flank Steak w/ Pineapple Salsa- 5 Points
1 Cup white rice w/ buttery spread- 11 Points
2 Cups Canned Green Beans- 0 Points
12 oz Diet Cherry Pepsi- 0 Points

After Dinner Snack:
3 Cups Air Popped Popcorn w/ Buttery Spread- 2 Points
Frozen Fruit Bar- 1 Point

And in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. I give myself this quote to remember when I feel like this journey might be too much and I quit believing in myself:

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”- MLK

No comments:

Post a Comment